Mecart is currently looking for a field installer to assemble our products onsite (at our customer’s facilities), primarily in the USA but with the ability to travel globally.Apply now
📍 Greenville, SC, USA (or anywhere in the US)
⏱️ Variable schedule
💸 Salary : $22-$40/h, based on experience, with regular paid overtime
- Competitive salary ($22-$40 per hour, based on experience) with annual increases every January.
- The ability to travel anywhere in the United States with a daily allowance of $50 for meals while traveling. Transportation and hotel expenses are always 100% paid by MECART.
- Cellphone paid up to a maximum number.
- Flexible group insurance, with a range of options) paid at 50% by MECART: drugs, health care, vision care, life and disability insurance.
- An extra $500 paid out monthly (after the 3 month probation period) if you already have insurance and do not need MECART insurance.
- 401K program (with advantageous employer contribution).
- VERY Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Young and dynamic “bosses” who invest in the company and who are concerned about the well-being of their employees.
- Small team with a family atmosphere.
- Opportunities for advancement, such as possibly managing a site or one of our mega-projects. MECART is committed to helping you grow according to your aspirations and to satisfying your professional ambitions!
- When you are in the factory, a 15 minutes drive from downtown Greenville, near many restaurants.
What will your daily life at MECART be like?
Are you the type who dislikes routine and loves adventure? Well, I think you might be interested in this offer! As a field installer, your mission (should you choose to accept it 🕵️), will be to travel across the United States with our installation team to install our cleanroom and modular buildings. This is the dream job for you if you have drive and are independent but love teamwork!
This position is mainly on the road, so we are really open to recruiting from anywhere in the United States. But as our factory is located in Greenville, South Carolina, if you live in the area, you are welcome to work with our assembly team in the factory between trips.
Important: you need to be available to travel to different states for short or long periods (generally between 1 to 6 weeks). On average, we are talking about 3 to 8 weeks in a row, at a rate of 60-65 hours per week, followed by 1 to 2 weeks of vacation, and so on. Of course, overtime (after 40 hours per week) is paid at time-and-a-half.
Here is an overview of your future tasks:
- Install cleanrooms, acoustic buildings and other types of modular buildings at customers’ sites by performing all product assembly steps:
- Assembly of panels (walls, ceilings, etc.)
- Installation of the structure
- Installation of windows and doors.
- Installation of ventilation and air conditioning
- Installation and connection of electrical components (electrical outlets, electrical panel, HVAC system, control, lighting)
- Installation of finishing components, flooring, plumbing, sealant, etc.
- When you are ready, Supervise an installation team at customers’ premises
- Planning and supervising subcontractors
- Manage the installation schedule to ensure that key deliverables are achieved
- As necessary, assemble / install products in the Greenville, SC factory (when there is no installation on the schedule).
What we look for in our ideal candidate
- Technical training in electricity or relevant fields (electromechanics, HVAC, carpentry, etc.)
- Valid US driver’s license and passport (or the ability to get a passport)
- Good physical condition
If you are hard-working, reliable and open-minded, you already have a lot of what we are looking for! Below are the skills and attributes that would make you a more than perfect fit with our team:
- You have experience in assembling thin metal products.
- You are good with your hands, meticulous, versatile and resourceful (must be able to manage a project and solve problems with remote support).
- You like to do custom work and are solution-oriented.
- You are very detail-oriented and value a job well done.
- You are able to interpret assembly drawings.
- You enjoy customer contact and offer quality service.
Founded in 1974, MECART is a world leader in controlled environments and modular building manufacturing. We design custom acoustic structures (control rooms, operator cabins, acoustic enclosures), acoustic panels, modular clean rooms, studios and other controlled environments.
With more than 130 employees in North America, including a growing team at the Greenville, SC plant, MECART enjoys an enviable reputation, among its customers and employees, for the quality of its achievements and its corporate culture.
To date, 1,000 satisfied customers have benefited from more than 3,000 MECART projects! And this is above all thanks to our team 🔥.
Here are some examples of what we do: https://mecart.com/projects/completed-projects/
Make it this far? It’s time to apply!
If this job sounds like a fit for you, then apply today at [email protected]. Marie-Daniele, our installation supervisor (aka your future boss), can’t wait to meet you!