Senior Construction Project Manager (buildings) – remote
Mecart is looking for a remote-based Senior Construction Project Manager for its cleanroom division.Apply now
People of Montreal and Ottawa, lookout! Mecart Cleanrooms is looking for a native English speaking Senior Construction Project Manager to lead major projects with key accounts. These projects range from managing vaccine production facilities to installing large-scale pharma sites, along with medical devices assembly lines, all across North America!
We are looking for a TOP project manager with a Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma, in engineering, architecture, or any relevant field of study.
If you have extensive experience in project management, you are skilled in a technical environment, and you are familiar with the construction/building world, you are the candidate we are looking for!
- Manage a portfolio of major projects over the course of several months
- Lead time-sensitive, high-stake projects
- Work from anywhere, within the general buisiness hours of North America
Your skillset includes:
- Extensive experience with construction/building (HVAC, electricity, plumbing, structure, etc.)
- Experience working with projects valued over a million dollar
- Ability to work with senior level clients
- Experience with client-facing project management
- Experience with regulated environments, such as pharma, healthcare, biotech, etc.
- Organized, proactive, highly developped communication skills, high sense of professionalism, strategic thinking, rigorous, team player, risk management, emotional intelligence
- Native English speaker or proficiency in English
- Ability to travel occasionally to meet clients and visit project sites
- Degree/diploma or relevant work experience in engineering or architecture
Are you who we’re looking for?
- Manage a portfolio of high-profile clients/projects with rigor to meet budget, lead time, and quality expectations
- Oversee work from peers to engineer, design, and draft complete solutions
- Maintain an overview of projects, while having the capacity to jump into removing blocking points, when needed
- Work conjointly with the team leader to coordinate departmental tasks
- Negotiate with sub-contractors, suppliers, trades to achieve project goals
- Travel to project sites to meet client and serve as a technical resource
- Take ownership and accountability of all your projects
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical building engineering, architecture or equivalent
- 8-10+ years of combined experience in project management in the construction/building industry
- Committed leader, dynamic, motivator and strong in problem solving
- Ability to work in just-in-time mode (custom production)
- Knowledge of Solidworks and Autocad software
- Native english speaking (minimum advanced level)
- Knowledge of construction
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and ventilation (optional)
- Knowledge of electricity and system engineering (optional)
To make you feel at home, we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Comprehensive group insurance (Rx, health care, vision care, dental insurance)
- Pension plan with a generous contribution from the employer
- Permanent, full-time position
- Opportunities for advancement
- Dynamic and passionate work team
- Continuous training on the software used
Do you want to be part of a passionate team where career opportunities match your expectations?
Don’t delay, apply now!
What is MECART ?
Mecart designs, manufactures and installs controlled environments, i.e. areas in which the noise level, vibrations, air quality, temperature and / or humidity are controlled. It can be a control room housing workers in a hot, dusty and noisy industrial environment (very common in pulp & paper and mining industries) or a cleanroom to manufacture pharmaceutical products or medical devices. Check out our website, there are lots of photos and videos of our projects!
The completion of many large-scale projects has allowed MECART to acquire an enviable reputation. MECART, whose know-how has been recognized since 1974, has to its credit more than 1000 satisfied customers who have benefited from over 3000 achievements.