Job Offer | MIG Welder Assembler (day job)
Mecart is looking for a MIG welder assembler for its Greenville, South Carolina plant.Apply now
We are looking for a rare gem: a “welding surgeon” who can assemble our sheet metal panels with precision and dexterity. You like working with thin steel? Having to rack your brains to figure out the best way to put pieces of steel together, is that what makes you thrill?
You are thorough and you have an eye for details. You are proud of your welds, and you value a job well done. Are you the type to read the IKEA plan and take specific measurements?
We are starting a new factory in Greenville, SC; be part of our initial team to build the factory that will push the limit of sheet metal manufacturing!
What does an assembler-welder at MECART do?
Our welders’ mission is to assemble the pieces of steel with the different components (electrical, tubes, acoustic wool) to make panels which are then painted and combined to make clean rooms , operator cabins, control rooms, etc.
- MIG-MAG welding;Assemble and weld sheet metal parts – 90% of the job is assembly (so you have to like it !!)
- Work with thin steel (1/16 and sometimes even 1/32)
- Mechanical assembly of components
- Work with assembly drawings
- Fabricate panels, moldings and other metal components
- Handle a panel using lifting equipment
- Inspect the parts
To make you feel at home in our team
Come and work in an environment that looks like you. With us, the employees are not numbers, we are like a big family. Everyone knows each other.
- A work environment where you will prove your autonomy and leadership while starting a new factory
- Benefits insurance that meets your expectations: flexible plan with Medical, life, dental, vision (60% paid by employer)
- A competitive salary depending on your experience (between $ 17 and $ 22 / hr)
- A PERMANENT, FULL-TIME position
- Lifting equipment because we want to take care of your shoulders and back
- Young and dynamic “bosses” who invest in the company and who have the professional development of their employees at heart
- And more…
This is the perfect job for you if:
- You like day shifts
- You are passionate about precise welding qassembly;You like to work with thin steel (1/16 and sometimes even 1/32 of an inch)
- You like custom made and racking your brains to find solutions
- You are skillful, delicate, autonomous and resourceful
- You pay attention to detail and value a job well done
- Basically, we’re looking for a STEEL SURGEON!
The skills that are required
- Training in welding-assembly, piping, boilermaking, etc
- MIG-MAG / GMAW welding experience , on thin and/or thicket steel
- Thoroughness, autonomy, versatility and concern for quality
- Asset: Have experience in assembling thin metal products.
At MECART, we have been designing, manufacturing and installing specialized buildings for over 45 years. They are buildings where noise level, vibration, air quality, temperature and / or humidity are controlled, such as clean rooms (for pharmaceutical or high tech), soundproof cabins, and electrical rooms. Our reason for being? Giving our customers complete satisfaction and peace of mind by putting all the risks associated with the engineering, manufacturing and installation of controlled environments on OUR SIDE.
Check out our website to see what we do: