Mecart is looking for a welder-assembler (MIG/MAG) for its Greenville, South Carolina plant.Apply now
📍 Greenville, SC, USA
💰 $2,000 HIRING BONUS*
💸 Salary : $18-$26 per hour, based on experience
👉 Permanent, full-time (40h)
⏱️ Day shift (7:00 AM to 5:30 PM)
Why MECART? (here we’re kind of making our own sales pitch!)
- A complete range of flexible group insurance paid at 60% by MECART: drugs, health care, vision care, life and disability insurance.
- An extra $500 paid out monthly (after the 3 month probation period) if you already have insurance with your spouse or parent and do not need MECART insurance.
- 401K program (with advantageous employer contribution).
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Young and dynamic “bosses” who invest in the company and who are concerned about the well-being of their employees.
- Lifting equipment because we want to take care of your shoulders and back.
- Clean, bright and well-equipped plant (where safety is a priority).
- A dynamic environment where each team member contributes to the fabrication of premium custom building for the pharmaceutical, high-tech or media businesses.
- Small team with a family atmosphere.
- Opportunities for advancement, because MECART is committed to helping you grow according to your aspirations and to satisfying your professional ambitions!
- 15 minutes drive from downtown Greenville, near many restaurants.
What will your daily life at MECART be like?
As a welder-assembler, your mission (should you choose to accept it 🕵️), will be to assemble the pieces of steel with the different components (electrical parts, tubes, acoustic wool, etc.) to make panels that will then be painted and combined to make clean rooms, operator cabins, control rooms and others intended for our customers around the world.
In short, we are looking for a “welding surgeon” who can assemble our panels with quality, precision and dexterity. So, if you’re the type of person who can assemble your IKEA furniture with the precision of a bobcat, this is the job for you.
Here is an overview of your future tasks:
- MIG-MAG welding (TIG also possible on certain parts).
- Assemble and weld sheet metal parts (90% of the job is assembly, so you have to like it!).
- Work with thin steel (1/8, 1/16 and sometimes even 1/32).
- Perform mechanical assembly of components.
- Work with assembly drawings.
- Fabricate panels, moldings and other metal components.
- Handle panels using lifting equipment.
- Inspect parts.
What we look for in our ideal candidate
- Training in welding/assembly, piping, boiler making or any other relevant training.
- Experience in MIG-MAG/GMAW/TIG welding.
In addition, if you are hard-working, reliable and open-minded, you already have a lot of what we are looking for! But here are the assets that would make you a more than perfect fit with our team:
- You have experience in assembling thin metal products.
- You like to do custom work and are solution-oriented.
- You are very detail-oriented and value a job well done.
Founded in 1974, MECART is today a world leader in controlled environments and modular building manufacturing. We design custom acoustic structures (control rooms, operator cabins, acoustic enclosures), acoustic barriers, acoustic panels, modular clean rooms, studios and other controlled environments.
With more than 130 employees in North America, including a growing team at the Greenville plant, MECART enjoys an enviable reputation, both among its customers and employees, for the quality of its achievements and its corporate culture.
To date, 1,000 satisfied customers have benefited from more than 3,000 MECART projects! And this is above all thanks to our team 🔥.
Here are some examples of what we do: https://mecart.com/projects/completed-projects/
Make it this far? It’s time to apply!
If this job sounds like a fit for you, then apply today at [email protected]. Thomas, our plant supervisor (aka your future boss), can’t wait to meet you!
*The hiring bonus is paid as follows:
- 33.3% at the beginning of the job
- 33.3% after 3 months of work
- 33.3% after 6 months of work