Plant Manager – Greenville, SC
Mecart is looking for a Plant Manager for its new plant in Greenville, South Carolina.Apply now
We are looking for a plant manager to manage and support our Greenville, South-Carolina facility. We opened this new production facility in the summer of 2021 and are now looking for a manager to continue the ramp-up and manage the whole production and procurement process (we expect dynamic growth here in the next 1-3 years). The candidate will directly manage an initial team of 15-25 workers / technicians and will oversee the operation of the production facility in its entirety. The manager will also be responsible for increasing the capacity (equipment and processes) and the team to meet the companies growing demand. The candidate will need to have the technical knowledge and background in manufacturing to coordinate the production and provide technical guidance to the team. The candidate will also require strong leadership aptitudes and management skills. The plant manager will directly report to the Vice-President of Operations (located in Canada).
- Plan and coordinate production at the Greenville facility;
- Identify and obtain the resources needed in order to meet objectives;
- Responsible for the completion and performance of the assigned work;
- Supervise the work of employees to ensure it meets quality standards;
- Develop and implement health & safety and equipment maintenance systems;
- Works closely with the engineering team to ensure that the product is made up to the standard and also optimize the manufacturing process;
- Ensure to coordinate the procurement needs with the procurement team.
- Candidate research and hiring to meet business needs;
- Ensure employee training and development;
- Embrace and communicate the company’s culture with the team;
- Build and maintain a strong talent pool;
- Promote the culture and the bonding of the team while meeting the company’s objectives.
- Close monitoring of the financial performance of the plant;
- Monitoring of the budget -will participate with the establishment of the yearly budget;
- Ensure that equipment and resources are being optimized;
- Develop and implement manufacturing plans in support of the business plan;
- With the help of the Canadian office, develop and implement procedures in order to increase the level of control and quality.
- Research, develop and maintain a proper pool of supplier partners;
- Participate actively in continuous improvement projects;
- Key person for the Quality ISO 9001 certification process;
- Support technology deployment in the facility.
- Engineering or management degree;
- Technical manufacturing experience (ideally with sheet metal) and large manufacturing operational knowledge;
- 2-5 years of experience in similar role while managing a production team;
- Strong leadership capabilities;
- Good communication skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Pragmatic and willing to take strong ownership;
- Available to travel occasionally (some International);
- Competitive salary;
- Performance bonus;
- Insurance program – medical, health, dental;
- 401k or equivalent;
- Healthy and open-minded work environment….and more!
Do you want to be part of a passionate team where career opportunities match your expectations?
Don’t delay, apply now!
What is MECART ?
Mecart designs, manufactures and installs controlled environments, i.e. areas in which the noise level, vibrations, air quality, temperature and / or humidity are controlled. It can be a control room housing workers in a hot, dusty and noisy industrial environment (very common in pulp & paper and mining industries) or a cleanroom to manufacture pharmaceutical products or medical devices. Check out our website, there are lots of photos and videos of our projects!
The completion of many large-scale projects has allowed MECART to acquire an enviable reputation. MECART, whose know-how has been recognized since 1974, has to its credit more than 1000 satisfied customers who have benefited from over 3000 achievements.