Press Brake & Laser Operator
Mecart is looking for a press brake and laser operator
📍 Greenville, SC, USA
💰 $2,000 HIRING BONUS*
💸 Salary : $17-$26 per hour, based on experience
👉 Permanent, full-time (40h)
⏱️ Day shift (7 am – 5:30 pm)
Why MECART? (here we’re kind of making our own sales pitch!)
- A complete range of flexible group insurance paid at 60% by MECART: prescription drugs, health care, vision care, life and disability insurance.
- An extra $500 paid out monthly (after the 3 month probation period) if you already have insurance with your spouse or parent and do not need MECART insurance.
- 401K program (with very favorable employer contribution).
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Young and dynamic “bosses” who invest in the company and who are concerned about the well-being of their employees.
- Clean, bright and well-equipped plant (where safety is always a priority).
- A dynamic environment where each team member contributes to the fabrication of premium custom buildings for the pharmaceutical, high-tech or media businesses.
- Small team with a family atmosphere.
- Opportunities for advancement – MECART is committed to helping you grow according to your aspirations and to help you satisfy your professional ambitions!
- 15 minutes drive from downtown Greenville, close to many restaurants.
What will your daily life at MECART be like?
As a press brake and laser operator, your mission (should you choose to accept it 🕵️), will be to operate our press brakes as well as other CNC machines, such as laser cutters, in order to cut, bend and drill metal sheets using different equipment to transform them into parts, which will then be assembled and welded at the welding station. We are targeting a high precision product, so you need to focus on quality.
You will be responsible for the very first step in the MECART manufacturing process and will be working with steel sheets between ⅛” and 1/32”.
MECART’s products are custom designed. Similar parts are required for most projects, but we assure you that this is not a routine “assembly line” type of job. In fact, we try to rotate the operators from machine to machine as much as possible during the day to ensure that the job is not too routine for our employees.
Here is an overview of your future tasks:
- Bending metal sheets using our CNC hydraulic press brakes (Bystronic and others).
- Cut metal sheets according to the specifications using CNC shears or laser.
- Manufacture panels, moldings, and other metal components.
- Cut metal parts with the band saw.
- Ensure quality assurance on parts.
- Perform machine maintenance.
- Perform machine and tool set-up.
What we look for in our ideal candidate:
- Training as a CNC machine operator, machinist, bender, tinsmith or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong experience in press brake operation (minimum 2 years).
In addition, if you are hard-working, reliable and open-minded, you already have a lot of what we are looking for! But here are the assets that would make you a more than perfect fit with our team:
- You are in good physical condition.
- You like to do custom work and are solution-oriented.
- You are skilled, meticulous, versatile, and resourceful.
- You are very detail-oriented and value a job well done.
- You are able to interpret assembly drawings.
Founded in 1974, MECART is a world leader in controlled environments and modular building manufacturing. We design custom acoustic structures (control rooms, operator cabins, acoustic enclosures), acoustic barriers, acoustic panels, modular clean rooms, studios, and other controlled environments.
With more than 130 employees in North America, including a growing team at the Greenville plant, MECART enjoys an enviable reputation, both among its customers and employees, for the quality of its achievements and its corporate culture.
To date, 1,000 satisfied customers have benefited from more than 4,000 MECART projects! All of this thanks to all thanks to our hard-working team 🔥. Here are some examples of what we do: https://mecart.com/projects/completed-projects/
Make it this far? It’s time to apply!
If this job sounds like a fit for you, then apply today at [email protected]. Thomas, our plant supervisor (aka your future boss), can’t wait to meet you!
*The hiring bonus is paid as follows:
- 33.3% at the beginning of the job
- 33.3% after 3 months of work
- 33.3% after 6 months of work