Production Assembler (day shift)
Mecart is looking for a production assembler for its South Carolina plant.Apply now
Are you the type of person who does their renovations themselves? You read the IKEA plan and take specific measurements? Do you have one of the following training: electrician, carpenter, mechanic, glazier, locksmith, floor covering installer / tiler, cabinetmaker, interior systems installer, plumber, etc.? The world of construction isn’t for you, and you want to work in a clean factory? This is the kind of profile we are looking for!
The fit to the team is way more important than the years of experience.
We are looking for some sort of “handyman” who can put our panels and pre-assembled cabins together.
We are starting a new factory in Greenville, SC; be part of our initial team to build the factory that will push the limit of sheet metal manufacturing!
What does a production assembler at Mecart do?
Our production assemblers are “handyman” who are proactive, versatile and who like to do a variety of building-related tasks. Our team of assemblers includes people with varied skills who use everybody’s strength to assemble a quality- finished product before delivery.
Since our cabins are like “mini-houses,” we need versatile people who are capable (or interested in) many types of manual tasks. Our projects are always different, so the more talents we have, the better!
- Assemble building components at our factory (door, glass, ventilation, suspended ceiling, etc.)
- Assemble electrical components at our factory (lighting, HVAC, control, etc.)
- Assemble / install a basic air conditioning unit
- Assemble a factory pre-assembled cabin with all the components attached to it (wall, door, electricity, finish, etc.)
- Install cabins, clean rooms and other components at customers’ premises as needed;
To make you feel home
Come and work in an environment that you relate to. With us, the employees are not numbers. We are one big family. Everyone knows each other. –
- Good benefits that meets your expectations
- A super good salary depending on your experience ($ 15 to $20/ hour depending on experience)
- A PERMANENT, FULL-TIME position;
- One of the lowest employee turnover in the industry which means that we have so good conditions, a stimulating work atmosphere and a great
- team that our employees stay !
- New lifting equipment because we care about your shoulders and back
- Young and dynamic “bosses” who invest in the company and who are committed to the professional development of their employees
- And more…
This is the perfect job for you if:
- You are passionate about doing a good quality manual task
- You like custom made and racking your brains to find solutions
- You are meticulous, versatile and autonomous
- You pay attention to detail and value a job well done
- Basically, we’re looking for someone who is manual, resourceful and who likes to touch everything!
The skills that are required:
- Training in locksmithing, mechanics, glazing, carpentry, plumbing, electricity or any other relevant training
- Thoroughness, autonomy, versatility and concern for quality
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Know how to read and interpret plans
- Good physical condition;Have you made it this far? Now is the time to apply, we can’t wait to meet you!
At MECART, we have been designing, manufacturing and installing specialized buildings for over 45 years. They are buildings where noise level, vibration, air quality, temperature and / or humidity are controlled, such as clean rooms (for pharmaceutical or high tech), soundproof cabins, and electrical rooms. Our reason for being? Giving our customers complete satisfaction and peace of mind by putting all the risks associated with the engineering, manufacturing and installation of controlled environments on OUR SIDE.
Check out our website to see what we do:
What is MECART ?
Mecart designs, manufactures and installs controlled environments, i.e. areas in which the noise level, vibrations, air quality, temperature and / or humidity are controlled. It can be a control room housing workers in a hot, dusty and noisy industrial environment (very common in pulp & paper and mining industries) or a cleanroom to manufacture pharmaceutical products or medical devices. Check out our website, there are lots of photos and videos of our projects!
The completion of many large-scale projects has allowed MECART to acquire an enviable reputation. MECART, whose know-how has been recognized since 1974, has to its credit more than 1000 satisfied customers who have benefited from over 3000 achievements.